Winter’s here, and your apartment may be feeling the chill. Not to worry, there are simple and effective ways to keep your space warm and toasty. Here are a few tips to make the colder months more pleasant:
- Start by blocking drafts and sealing gaps around your windows and doors. You can use draft stoppers, weather stripping, or even old towels to keep cold air from sneaking in.
- Next, use curtains to regulate the temperature and insulate your windows. This will slow heat loss and keep your home warmer. Open them during the day to let the sun in and close them at night to trap the heat.
- Feel warmer by using a humidifier. Moist air keeps more heat and makes you feel more comfortable. It’s also good for your skin and health.
- When it’s time to go to bed, warm your bed with a hot water bottle, electric blanket, or heated mattress topper. You’ll sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed. Also, choose the right fabric for your winter bedding. Flannel sheets and thick quilts are great for keeping you warm.
- Don’t forget to dress warmly. Layer up with sweaters, socks, and slippers, and wrap yourself in a soft blanket when you’re on the couch.
- Cook some delicious meals that will warm you up from the inside out. Soups, stews, and casseroles are perfect for winter.
- Finally, cover your home with rugs, carpets, and throw pillows. They will add warmth and texture to your space and make it more inviting.
You can also check out these 10 expert design ideas from Real Simple. Stay cozy this winter!